Friendly Schools and Families
When considering your child's responsibility as an active and engaged member of Scotch College Junior School, consider the language of the PYP learner profile attributes as mentioned below.
They align with the social and emotional learning areas of the Friendly Schools Plus programme (Self-Awareness, Self-Management, Social Awareness, Relationship skills and Social Decision-Making).
By ensuring the same language is being shared between home and school, we are all helping to empower our students and children with the necessary social skills for life:
- To treat others the way they would like to be treated.
- To be caring toward peers;
- To be principled about what is right and wrong;
- To communicate their feelings when they feel sad or scared;
- To be reflective about other people's feelings;
- To be open-minded about other people's ideas.
Mr Warwick Norman
Friendly Schools and Families Coordinator