The PYP Exhibition represents a significant event in the life of a PYP school and student. The boys were immersed in a 10-week collaboratively constructed unit of inquiry. This event is the culmination of the 5-year journey undertaken by the students and is a celebration of not only what they learn but also how they learn in an inquiry-modelled approach. Students are involved in all of the essential elements of the PYP and share them with the whole school community in an exhibition presentation.
The PYP Exhibition has a number of key purposes:
- For students to engage in an in-depth, collaborative inquiry
- To provide students with an opportunity to demonstrate independence and responsibility for their own learning
- For students to synthesize and apply their learning of previous years and to reflect upon their journey through the PYP
- To demonstrate how students can take action as a result of their learning
- To unite the students, teachers, parents and other members of the school community in a collaborative experience that incorporates the essential elements of the PYP
This year the boys' inquiries will be guided by the transdisciplinary theme of 'Who we are' with the central idea: "Beliefs, values, culture, health and the environment have an impact on who we are as individuals.'
The Exhibition will take place on Wednesday 2 November. This is an exciting time for all and we look forward to seeing you there.
Mr Warwick Norman
Junior School Dean of Teaching & Learning